Saturday, November 5, 2011

Never Give Up

Went to a workshop today by the St.Louis Writer's Guild. Claire Applegate spoke on promoting your book... it made me realize I have a lot to work on.

Firstly I need to get my website going. This blog is great and all, but I own www.threadcaster.com and I've got to get going on that. Second I might want to publish a logo for my book so that I can sue people who try and call their whatever Threadcaster before the book comes out. Third I need to start working on my BOOK TRAILER which I am going to ANIMATE because I want to use that degree I earned for SOMETHING!!!


I'm particularly excited about the book trailer. It's goign to take a lot of work, and I don't know when I'm going to squeeze it in around all my other obligations, but it never hurts to start early. I need to get an animated storyboard put together so I know what stuff I need. It'll give me a chance to show off all my designs and maybe something to submit to film festivals and local showings for more publicity.

Everything is publicity. Everything has an angle. Try anything you can, join anything you can, do anything you can.

Never give up! You've got your own strengths and skills other people dont have. You're telling a story no one else can tell - do it for your sake and for the world! Enjoy yourself but don't slack off.

Never give up! Never surrender!

1 comment:

  1. You're gonna make a promotional trailer, too? *.* Awesome! That's going to be a rocking animation!

    And ya, avoiding legal junk is always good, too.

    ReplyDelete