Monday, March 28, 2011

Stumbling Block.. not a writer's block but close

I've already talked at length about how much I love revising. This remains true, but I've hit a bit of a snag. See I've changed a lot of stuff. I've taken out whole scenes, truncated others... now I'm facing a bit of a time misalignment. 

Originally they have a long day of talking and learning from the wisest people in the Valley, then go to bed and in the morning they hit the road again. Well, I've deleted half a day's worth of milling about. Do they go to bed at 3pm? 

Well.. I guess they do if I say so.  I could say something like "Maybe you all should turn in for the night?" "Turn in? But we just got up" "It seems like it, but while we've been talking the day has been waning. It's dusk already, you just can't see it out the window. You should get your rest." "Really? Wow... time does fly, and I guess I am sleepy."

Mneh... I'll put a layer of icing on it and it'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment